Fountain is the high-volume hiring platform empowering the world’s leading brands to streamline and scale their recruiting function. Our mobile-first platform keeps candidates engaged and reduces drop-off via built-in automated scheduling, text and email reminders. Candidates can apply anytime, anywhere in minutes, right from their phone. It enables on-the-go hiring managers to move quality talent through the pipeline, reducing time to fill. Fountain provides local, regional, and company level analytics to make data-driven decisions. Our drag-and-drop workflow allows for quick changes to accommodate fluctuations in hiring needs. Fountain’s global customers hire over 1.2 million workers annually in 78 countries.
Founded in 2014, we are a young company backed by top investors, including Y Combinator, SoftTech VC, Crosslink, Origin Ventures, and many others. We have raised over $33 million in funding, and with over 55 employees, we are excited to grow our team and find others who are looking to make a dent!
As a senior software engineer you’ll have the opportunity to manage the complex challenges of scale as we grow our client portfolio of fortune 500 companies, while using your expertise in coding, algorithms and large-scale, cloud-centric systems and open-source software stacks to build out the Fountain hiring platform.
Our culture of intellectual curiosity and problem solving is key to our success. As a domain expert on software engineering, you will provide technical leadership across multiple product engineering teams to support a variety of different features and integrations, and guiding others to build high-quality features and supporting services before they go live. You will have production access to a live, high-traffic website and share the responsibility of operating a global platform.
What you'll be doing:
- You can work effectively with product & engineering teams to build new high quality features
- You can mentor and train developing software engineers, upholding software engineering best practices
- You can contribute to architectural design and development processes, and to discussions involving technological choices for new features
- You are able to provide ongoing maintenance and support for existing code
- You can make high-impact changes to production environments with the confidence of having a deep understanding of how the system works
- You work well in a supportive team environment with code reviews and disciplined quality control; quality begins with the developers on the team
What you should bring:
- Expertise with modern databases such as PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch and Redis
- Solid understanding of Agile development practices and Lean Software Development principles. You should be very efficient at understanding different use cases, prioritizing tasks, working with Git
- Not afraid of taking risks, and vested in making our business a success, together
Nice to have:
- Large-scale website experience; we handle a lot of traffic, efficiency and web response time is crucial
- Good knowledge of object-oriented patterns in Ruby — we think it is crucial to apply proper object-oriented principles to grow the application
- You are proficient enough to optimize relational databases (PostgreSQL) and noSQL databases (Redis and ElasticSearch)
- Using Infrastructure-as-Code with Kubernetes and/or Terraform to build compute clusters on platforms such as AWS, Azure and Google Cloud Platform
- Open source contributions (please send a link to your GitHub profile)
Amazing Perks & Benefits we provide for our employees include (but are not limited to):
- Flexible PTO & Work Hours
- "Work from Anywhere" Policy
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- HSA & FSA (Medical and Dependent Care)
- Life Insurance & STD/LTD
- 10 Weeks Paid Parental Leave for Birth/Adoption
- Wellness/Gym Reimbursement
- Phone Stipend
- Remote IT/Home Office Stipend
- Learning and Development Reimbursements
- Fun, interactive and inclusive team-building events, off-sites, and happy hours
- 401K Plan
Even if you do not meet all the requirements above, we still encourage you to apply for this position. While we try to be thorough with our prerequisites, not everything about you as a candidate can be condensed into a list of bullet points. What do you have to lose?
We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.
*Fountain is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer—M/F/D/V*