Dropoff provides reliable same-day delivery to enable businesses to meet rising customer expectations. National leaders in healthcare, retail and industrial partner with us to fulfill customer needs using our technology platform, professional drivers and proactive customer service. We are transforming the same-day delivery experience which is expected to be a $30 billion dollar business by 2025 in the United States. Rated as one of the best places to work in Austin, TX by the Austin American-Statesman and a proud recipient of Inc 5000’s Fastest Growing Private Companies in America, our sophisticated logistics platform allows enterprise businesses to gain visibility into their deliveries, improving customer experience and streamlining operations.
For more information about how Dropoff is shaping the future of same-day delivery, visit https://www.dropoff.com.
Searching for your next challenge? If so, we are looking for a Market Operations Manager, based in South Texas (Austin, Houston, or San Antonio).
The primary focus of the Market Operations Manager is to ensure excellence and consistency in local market operations across a number of metropolitan areas within a defined region. This includes continuous recruitment for both employee and independent contractor drivers in assigned markets. Market Operations Managers support and supplement the efforts of City Managers in specific markets, assuming responsibility for on time delivery, local market operational expenses, and customer satisfaction. The ideal candidate will have 3-4 years of operations management and/or customer service experience. Experience with last mile logistics and medical services is a plus. This position includes evening and weekend work support on a consistent basis.
This position reports to the General Manager.
● Ensure proper supply of driver capacity to successfully manage customer delivery
demand for assigned markets.
● Recruit, train and provide ongoing supervision of the local market driver fleet.
● Assist City Managers with weekly driver payroll to ensure accuracy each week.
● Provide ongoing development programs for drivers to ensure consistent success in
meeting delivery KPIs.
● Monitor daily order flow and driver performance to improve market performance.
● Make proactive recommendations to senior leadership to improve overall market
● Manage cost of service (driver and equipment fees) to strike an optimal balance between service performance and operating margins.
● Work in partnership with Customer Service and Account Management staff to provide consistent service and react/respond to service escalations on a timely basis.
● Actively work in partnership with Dispatch staff to monitor order flow, delivery assignment and timely delivery completion by drivers.
● Partner with sales team members to assist with new client acquisition, including
in-person meetings with customer prospects on an as-needed basis.
● Partner with client success management to optimize the performance of existing accounts.
Identify and address key improvement areas to assure ongoing client satisfaction.
Skills & Experience
● Proven ability to work independently and make good decisions with minimal direction
● Clear and precise communication skills - both written and verbal
● Strong leadership skills, with an ability to both serve and direct team activities
● Positive interpersonal skills, maintaining a positive attitude while working with
individuals in different departments and in pressured situations
● Strong Analytical skills (you will need to review complex data, draw accurate conclusions, and make business recommendations)
● Strong problem-solving skills, with an ability to react quickly and works well in a dynamic
● Experience in same-day delivery or healthcare logistics a plus
*Note - some travel is required*
Stock options (every employee is an owner in the company)
Great Healthcare Plan for you and your dependents (we help you out with the cost!)
Flexible vacation policy (work/life balance is important to us!)
Culture (We are an inclusive team who celebrates our unique talents)
Room to grow your career (we encourage internal career progression and are proud to see our team members take on new roles!)
Dropoff is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or
expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status