Dropoff provides reliable same-day delivery to enable businesses to meet rising customer expectations. National leaders in healthcare, retail and industrial partner with us to fulfill customer needs using our technology platform, professional drivers, and proactive customer service. We are transforming the same-day delivery experience which is expected to be a $30 billion dollar business by 2025 in the United States. Rated as one of the best places to work in Austin, TX by the Austin American-Statesman and a proud recipient of Inc 5000’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America, our sophisticated logistics platform allows enterprise businesses to gain visibility into their deliveries, improving customer experience and streamlining operations.
For more information about how Dropoff is shaping the future of same-day delivery, visit https://www.dropoff.com.
About the Opportunity
Searching for your next challenge? If so, Dropoff might just be your dream job. We are disrupting the same-day delivery which is expected to be a $30 billion-dollar business by 2025 and Dropoff has quickly become a leader in the space. We are dramatically improving the client experience for our clients and their customers. Our employees have an amazing experience too and we are proud to be rated as one of the best places to work in Austin, TX by the Austin American-Statesman.
The City Manager’s primary focus is to ensure excellence and consistency in local market
operations. This includes continuous recruitment for both employee and independent
contractor drivers in assigned markets. City Managers assume responsibility for all local market
KPIs, including on-time delivery, local market expenses as a percentage of revenue, and
customer satisfaction. City Managers are the subject matter experts for all local market
operational activities, with a deep understanding of local market geographies. The ideal
candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of experience in managing local or regional operations
teams. Experience with last-mile logistics and medical services is a plus.
This position reports to the General Manager of the South, Texas.
● Ensure a proper supply of driver capacity to successfully manage customer delivery
demand for assigned markets.
● Recruit, train, and provide ongoing supervision of the local market driver fleet.
● Provide ongoing development programs for drivers to ensure consistent success in
meeting delivery KPIs.
● Monitor daily order flow and driver performance to improve market operational
● Make proactive recommendations to senior leadership to improve overall market
● Determine market needs for delivery vans and other equipment. Prepare business cases
and/or provide the necessary documentation to request approval for expenses.
● Work in partnership with Client Success, Account Management, and Dispatch leadership
regarding market operational performance.
● Partner with sales team members to assist with new client acquisition, including
in-person meetings with key decision-makers on an as-needed basis.
● Partner with client success management to optimize the performance of existing accounts.
Identify and address key improvement areas to assure ongoing client satisfaction and
● Assume responsibility with client success for customer ratings and net promoter scores.
● Bachelor’s Degree required
● Proven ability to work independently and make good decisions with minimal direction
● Clear and precise communication skills - both written and verbal
● Strong leadership skills, with an ability to both serve and direct team activities
● Positive interpersonal skills, maintaining a positive attitude while working with
individuals in different departments and in pressured situations
● Analytical skills – analyze complex data, draw accurate conclusions, make business
● Strong problem-solving skills, with an ability to react quickly and works well in a dynamic
*Note - some travel is required*
Stock options (every employee is an owner in the company)
Great Healthcare Plan for you and your dependents (we help you out with the cost!)
Flexible vacation policy (work/life balance is important to us!)
Culture (we are an inclusive team who celebrates our unique talents)
Room to grow your career (we promote from within and have since day one)
Dropoff is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or
expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.